I was going through Wikipedia, and I had an idea.
EVERYONE Googles their own name (at least once), so I thought, "Let's see what good 'ol Wikipedia has to say about my name."
So here it is -
Rohit is a proper noun derived from Sanskrit, it means the First Rays of the Sun. For example - "With dawn, Rohit cleared the darkness that was spread around".
Rohit also means a person who leads to growth and development of his family (a commonly held belief in Hindu families).
Rohit is a popular name for Hindu males, and is widely used in the Indian Film Industry.
Rohit is also a name derived from the Hindu god Vishnu, when he first arrived on Earth as a beautiful red fish.
For those of you who would like the direct link, here it is - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohit
While you're there, why not look up your own name? You might find something interesting. If you do, please post it here.
Now, about clearing that darkness...
All material copyright Rohit Iyer unless otherwise stated.
16 March 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment